Professor Emeritus of Law
- Phone (812) 855-7995
- LL.M., Indiana University School of Law--Bloomington 1960
- Diplome Superieur, The Hague Academy of International Law 1968
- Dr. Iur. Habil., University of Kiel 0
- Dean of the Faculty of Laws, 1979-81 University of Kiel.
- President and Rector, 1985-89 University of Kiel
- Judge, Administrative Court of Appeal Schleswig-Holstein and Lower-Saxony at Lüneburg, 1978-present
- Member, Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague, 1985
Professor Delbrück is a renowned scholar, author, and teacher of international law and German constitutional law. He is the director of the Institute for International Law at the University of Kiel, Germany, and has served as a judge of the Administrative Court of Appeals at Lüneberg. He was appointed to the faculty at Indiana in 1991 and teaches courses in International and European Community Law.
Delbrück has authored numerous books and articles in the areas of protection of human rights and international law. His revision of Dahm's Treatise on Public International Law has been acclaimed as a preeminent contribution to German scholarship in the area.