Visiting Professor of Law
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone (650) 320-7662
- Location 211 South Indiana Avenue
- B.A., Bucknell University 1982
- J.D., Georgetown Law Center 1985
- The Legal Profession (B614)
John Steele has taught legal ethics for some twenty-five semesters at leading American law schools, including the Maurer School of Law, Stanford, and the University of California -- Berkeley. For more than fifteen years, he served as the top internal ethics lawyer at an AmLaw 100 and an AmLaw 200 law firm, and as the firm's hiring partner. Professor Steele represents clients on matters of legal ethics, professional liability, risk management, and the law of lawyering.
- "Corporate Affiliate Conflicts: A Reasonable Expectations Approach" 29 Western St. U. L. Rev. 283 (2002)
- "Scandals Great and Small" 36 Hofstra L. Rev. 497 (2008)
- Correspondent, Legal Ethics in Practice, Legal Ethics (Hart Publications)
- "A Seal Pressed in the Hot Wax of Vengeance: A Girardian Understanding of Expressive Punishment" 16 Journal of Law and Religion 35 (2001).