We Want a Death Star!
The White House has created a means by which the American people can voice their concerns on any range of issues and urge POTUS to take action. “We the People” is the site where you can create a petition or browse and sign other petitions.
According to the How & Why, “If a petition gets enough support, White House staff will review it, ensure it’s sent to the appropriate policy experts, and issue an official response.”
I wonder what the official response might be to the petition urging construction of a Death Star.
As of this posting, the Death Star petition has received over 1,400 signatures. This petition suggests that “[b]y focusing our defense resources into a space-superiority platform and weapon system such as a Death Star, the government can spur job creation in the fields of construction, engineering, space exploration, and more, and strengthen our national defense.”
Check out some of the other pending petitions, which include the following:
- Cease paychecks and health benefits to ALL members of Congress and the President until the fiscal cliff is avoided
- Ban the Inhumane Use and Killing of Beagles for Medical, Scientific, and Consumer Product Research
- Allocate land to create a reservation for gray wolves
- Peacefully grant the State of Indiana to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government (24,148 signatures as of 12/4/12)
- Shut down White House petitions, since they never get a sincere response, few read them, & they are ultimately worthless, “Since the White House never actually responds to any petitions in sincerity (like letting the one man whose job it is to oppose marijuana to respond to the marijuana legalization initiative, or having the head of the TSA respond to why we can’t de-fund the TSA) we should immediately de-fund and dismantle the White House petition website. In recent days it has become a mockery with petitions for secession from almost every state, and cities wishing to de-secede in such events.”