Book Review. Mason, E. (Ed.), The Corporation in Modern Society, 74 HARVARD LAW REVIEW 1671 (1961).
Copyright of Textile Designs--Clarity and Confusion in the Second Circuit, 59 MICHIGAN LAW REVIEW 1043 (1961).
Cyprus, the Warlike Isle: Origins and Elements of the Current Crisis, 18 STANFORD LAW REVIEW 1021 (1966).
Passports, 19 STANFORD LAW REVIEW 129 (1966).
INTERNATIONAL LEGAL PROCESS: MATERIALS FOR AN INTRODUCTORY COURSE (with A. Chayes and A. F. Lowenfeld). Boston: Little, Brown, 1968.
- The Changing Structure of Education at Stanford Law School (with Thomas E. Headrick), 22 JOURNAL OF LEGAL EDUCATION 452 (1970).
- The Nonproliferation Treaty and Peaceful Uses of Nuclear Explosives, 56 VIRGINIA LAW REVIEW 587 (1970).
- PROGRAMS IN LAW AT THE UNIVERSITY OF HAWAll: A REPORT TO THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNIVERSITY (with Bayless Manning). Honolulu: University of Hawaii, 1970. Reprinted in 24 JOURNAL OF LEGAL EDUCATION 3 (1971). [HeinOnline]
- Roundtable on Foreign Exchanges (panelist), 22 JOURNAL OF LEGAL EDUCATION 277 (1970).
- Bayless Manning, 24 STANFORD LAW REVIEW xxxi (1971).
- Manners, Morals, and Legal Education, 58 AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION JOURNAL 1175 (1972).
- NEW DIRECTIONS IN LEGAL EDUCATION (with H. L. Packer and S. Pepper). New York: McGraw-Hill, 1972. (Abridged edition published in 1973).
- CYPRUS. London: Oxford University Press, 1974.
- Herbert L. Packer, 26 STANFORD LAW REVIEW 1003 (1974).
- INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC LAW (with A. F. Lowenfeld). New York: M. Bender, 1974.
- Organized Bar: Self-serving or Serving the Public? (panelist), 60 AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION JOURNAL 433 (1974).
- REDUCING THE COSTS OF LEGAL SERVICES: POSSIBLE APPROACHES BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT: A REPORT PREPARED FOR AND PRESENTED TO THE SUBCOMMITTEE ON REPRESENTATION OF CITIZEN INTERESTS OF THE COMMITTEE ON THE JUDICIARY (with M. L. Schwarz). Washington, DC: U .S. Government Printing Office, 1974.
- A Critique of the Proposed New Admission Rule for District Courts in the Second Circuit, 61 AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION JOURNAL 1385 (1975).
- GOING TO LAW SCHOOL? READINGS ON A LEGAL CAREER (with G. C. Hazard, Jr.). Boston: Little, Brown, 1975.
- The Legal Process in Foreign Affairs: Military Invervention--A Testing Case, 27 STANFORD LAW REVIEW 637 (1975).
- Response to Henkin, "Organizing the Government to Conduct Foreign Policy: the Constitutional Question," 61 VIRGINIA LAW REVIEW 785 (1975).
- New Directions, 51 CALIFORNIA STATE BAR JOURNAL 277 (1976).
- Progress Report from the Legal Services Corporation, 62 AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION JOURNAL 1139 (1976).
- A Year in the Life. ..The Legal Services Corporation, 34 NLADA BRIEFCASE 63 (1976).
- Future Roles for Lawyers: Reflection on Crossing the Bar, 26 CLEVELAND STATE LAW REVIEW 325 (1977).
- PLANNING FOR JUSTICE (with J. L. Frank). Palo Alto, CA: Aspen Institute for Humanistic Studies, 1977.
- Tribute to Chief Justice Donald R. Wright, 4 HASTINGS CONSTITUTIONAL LAW QUARTERLY 677 (1977).
- Giving Low-income Americans Minimum Access to Legal Services, 64 AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION JOURNAL 696 (1978).
- With Justice for All (and Legal Services for Some), 7 HUMAN RIGHTS 43 (1978)
- Charles H. Miller Lecture--Lawyers and Their Public Responsibilities, 46 TENNESSEE LAW REVIEW 713 (1979).
- Rationing Justice, 34 RECORD 729 (1979).
- Approaching Common Issues with Developing Countries, 80 DEPARTMENT OF STATE BULLETIN 29 (Feb. 1980).
- Four Cheers for Roger Cramton, 65 CORNELL LAW REVIEW 739 (1980).
- FY 1981 Development Assistance Programs, 80 DEPARTMENT OF STATE BULLETIN 53 (March 1980).
- North-South Dialogue, 80 DEPARTMENT OF STATE BULLETIN 27 (Sept. 1980).
INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC LAW, 2nd Ed. (with A. F. Lowenfe1d). New York: M. Bender, 1981.
Legal Services for Poor People, 30 CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY LAW REVIEW 483 (1981).
Paralegal Movement Is Here to Stay, Grow, Prosper, LEGAL TIMES 14 (Aug. 3, 1981).
Save the Legal Services Corporation, 67 AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION JOURNAL 434 (1981).
Book Review. Kunen, How Can You Defend These People, L.A. DAILY JOURNAL 12 (Nov. 25, 1983).
Standards of Professional Responsibility, NEW YORK LAW JOURNAL 21 (Oct. 20, 1983).
Third World Strategy (with Catherine Gwin), 44 FOREIGN POLICY 145 (1981).
Common Issues of Professional Responsibility, 1 GEORGETOWN JOURNAL LEGAL ETHICS 3 (1987).
Judge Learned Hand: Genius, Path Breaker; Recollections of a Law Clerk, 32 RES GESTAE 586 (1989).
The Bible: Our Heritage: Why Are People Missing Out On the Good Book's Treasure- Trove of Wisdom, Stories, and Understanding? 263 SATURDAY EVENING POST 66 (No.4, May-June 1991).
The "One World" of Wendell Willkie, 264 SATURDAY EVENING POST 88 (No.4, July- August 1992).