Louis F. Niezer was born in Fort Wayne in 1907, son of IU trustee Charles M. Niezer and Rose (Fox) Niezer. He attended the University of Notre Dame for his undergraduate training and received his law degree from Indiana University in 1937. He was admitted to the Indiana Bar in 1936 and practiced law in Fort Wayne with the law firm of Niezer and O’Dowd until 1956. Niezer served as a director of Tokheim Corporation from 1936 to 1981, holding the post of president from 1957 to 1966, and was chairman of the board of directors from 1960 to 1971. After retiring from Tokheim in 1981, he resumed his law practice with the firm of Shoaff, Keegan, Baird and Simon.
An active civic leader, Niezer served as president of the Fort Wayne Parks Commission, as a member of the board of St. Joseph’s Hospital, and on the first trustee advisory committee of the Indiana Hospital Association. He was director of Junior Achievement in Fort Wayne from 1956 to 1972.
The Louis F. Niezer Faculty Fellowship was established at his death in 1983.
Louis F. Niezer Faculty Fellows