Pro Bono Immigration Project
The central mission of the Pro Bono Immigration Project (PIP) at the Indiana University Maurer School of Law is to support the unmet legal needs of noncitizens in Bloomington and surrounding areas. Through partnerships with local organizations and under the supervision of practicing attorneys, students conduct intake interviews and perform legal research in order to assist in the filing of relevant applications on behalf of noncitizens and their family members. Students may also teach citizenship classes and are encouraged to pursue scholarly research that will have practical relevance to noncitizens. In addition, PIP seeks to bring scholars, practitioners, and policy experts to Maurer to enhance student learning. Ultimately, PIP aspires to serve the local community in Indiana while also helping interested Maurer students gain a broader understanding of immigration law and policy in the United States.
- Javier Becerra, Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Samantha Paul, Volunteer Coordinator email@example.com
- Ashley Lederman, Case Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anasuya Shekhar, Guest Speaker Coordinator email@example.com
- Kate Davenport, Citizenship Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty sponsor: Jayanth Krishnan