Academy of Law Alumni Fellows
Established in 1985, the Academy of Law Alumni Fellows recognizes alumni who have distinguished themselves in their careers through personal achievements and dedication to the highest standards of the profession. With professional roles ranging from U.S. senators to federal judges to managing partners of national law firms, Academy Fellows bring honor to the legal profession and enhance our School’s reputation. Induction into the Academy is the highest honor the Maurer School of Law bestows upon its graduates.
Academy Inductees for 2018
- Mary Nold Larimore, '80
Partner, Ice Miller LLP, Indianapolis, IN
- Jane Raley, '82 (posthumously)
Former Director, Northwestern University Law School Center on Wrongful Convictions, Evanston, IL
- Denice Torres, '84
CEO/President, Transformation Strategist; previously Senior Executive at Johnson & Johnson; New Hope, PA
- Yu-Chi (Tony) Wang, LLM'93 and SJD'97
Assoc. Professor, Shi-Hsin University; previously Minister, Mainland Affairs Council, Republic of China (Taiwan)
Nominations may be submitted by anyone, must be in writing, and should include biographical and other information supporting the nomination.
- A nominee must have earned respect as a leader in his or her chosen career as evidenced by public service, such as national or state offices held; by professional leadership positions; by published works; or by other indications of special qualifications and performance.
- The nominee should be perceived as experienced by his or her peers.
- The nominee should hold a responsible position in a law firm, business, or institution that has a reputation for high quality.
- Nominees must agree to be present at the award ceremony in order to receive the award.
- The nominee must have received a degree from the Indiana University Maurer School of Law. Exceptions must be approved by the Selection Committee and the Dean of the IU Maurer School of Law.