Brian J. Broughman
Associate Professor of Law
- Delaware Law as Lingua Franca: Theory and Evidence (with J. M. Fried and D. M. Ibrahim) JOURNAL OF LAW AND ECONOMICS (forthcoming 2014).
- Carrots & Sticks: How VCs Induce Entrepreneurial Teams to Sell Startups (with J. M. Fried), 98 CORNELL LAW REVIEW 1319 (2013). [HeinOnline]
- Do VCs Use Inside Rounds to Dilute Founders? Some Evidence from Silicon Valley (with J. M. Fried), 18 JOURNAL OF CORPORATE FINANCE 1104 (2012) [Journal Website]
- Independent Directors and Board Control in Venture Finance, 9 REVIEW OF LAW AND ECONOMICS 41 (2013).
- Charity and Information: Correcting the Failure of a Disjunctive Social Norm (with R. Cooter), 43 UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN JOURNAL OF LAW RERORM 871 (2010). [HeinOnline]
- Investor Opportunism and Governance in Venture Capital, in VENTURE CAPITAL: INVESTMENT STRATEGIES, STRUCTURES, AND POLICIES (Douglas Cumming, Ed.) Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, 2010.
- Renegotiation of Cash Flow Rights in the Sale of VC-Backed Firms (with J. M. Fried), 95 JOURNAL OF FINANCIAL ECONOMICS 384 (2010). [SSRN]
- The Role of Independent Directors in Startup Firms, 2010 UTAH LAW REVIEW 461 (2010). [HeinOnline] [SSRN]
- Charity, Publicity and the Donation Registry (with Robert Cooter), THE ECONOMISTS’ VOICE Vol. 2: No. 3, Article 4 (2005).